Ready to Serve another 100 Years!
Times change, names change, neighborhoods change, Old Hickory Village changes, however, the mission and purpose of FBC at the Village has not changed. Our mission is still to “Love God, Love Other’s, Serve Both”!
FBC at the Village is excited to announce the selling of our current building at 1106 Hadley and the beginnings of our new building on our current property across the street at 1105 Hadley. This is currently the parking lot next to the FBC at the Village Community Garden.
FBC at the Village is even more excited to welcome a new ministry partnership with Second Missionary Baptist Church (SMBC). SMBC will be a great addition to the Village, a great new neighbor, and great new partner in serving the Village community.
What does this mean for the Village?
- The calling God had placed on a few hearts over 100 yrs. ago will continue, expand, and grow with Old Hickory Village.
- The current building at 1106 Hadley will not just continue but will also get to continue to grow with the Village. The new owners will be breathing new life into this historic building and will be breathing new life into our community.
- FBC at the Village will build a new multi-use community-based meeting location that will best serve our calling, purpose, and ministry to the Village.
- There will be a time of transition. SMBC has graciously allowed FBC time to transition out of 1106 Hadley. We have developed a plan, in partnership with SMBC and the assistance of Old Hickory United Methodist, to make that as smooth as possible.
- FBC Sunday service times will change, but most community-based events such as: The Farmer’s Market, The Community Garden, Trunk or Treat, The Village Fair, Blood Drives, etc. will continue as scheduled.
While this will no doubt be a big change, our goal to continue our ministry and ministry partnerships are as uninterrupted as possible. We look forward to serving in the heart of Old Hickory, for the heart of Old Hickory for another 100 years.
"Loving God, Loving Other's, Serving Both!"
Lead Pastor: Nathan Smith
Children's Minister: Sara Hughes
Youth Coordinator: John David Hughes
Leadership Team: John Estes, Joe Thompson, & James Askins